Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jumping into Simplicity

Simplicity is Bliss My hair is in a ponytail or baseball hat more times than not, my make-up stays in the drawer more on the weekends and I am in cute comfy clothes whenever possible. Anyone with a little one at home knows that your life needs to be as simple as possible to focus your time and attention on that sweet baby. Well, as a Type A person, one who loves to cook, keep a clean and organized house and be "presentable" at all times, having my little handsome has come first and the rest of life is on the back burner. Thank you to a dear friend and seasoned mom, she told me to let ALL of that go and focus on being the best mom you can be.

The one thing out of this that I miss is getting in the kitchen and cooking. I was raised cooking in the kitchen and it is a fun, enjoyable and relaxing thing for me, so I had to find a way to make yummy, healthy meals that took very little time. I could spend two hours in the kitchen making dinner at any givennight , but I am down to what can be made ahead of time, during nap time, on the weekends or frozen for later use. Well, I have found 2 things that have made this possible. From a cousin I was told about E-Mealz!!!!! It is an online menu that you can print.....it has the ingredients, how to's, and the grocery list by category, brand and sub-total. This is great to help with a budget and a quicker trip to the store.......all things that are great for a new mommy and daddy. In addition to this we have found McCormick Seasoning packs. They are pre-measured packs with a recipe, very few additional ingredients, about $2.50 and take 25minutes start to finish (including clean up).

I feel like we are getting great healthy meals that we can sit down as a family at the table and enjoy together. I am one happy, cooking mommy!!!!!!

Link to E-Mealz

And of course, how can you not love "simplicity" in all areas when you see this cute little face!!!!

Breck is such a happy, full of smiles and love little man. He loves anything he can play with and of course chew on right now. So off to BuyBuy Baby we went for a jumper. Oh.My.Goodness he LOVES it. We set it up last night and he was a very happy little man. He loves using his legs and bouncing up and down. We got so many smiles and full belly laughs, Jeff and I were in tears laughing so hard. He truly fills our hearts with so much love and joy!

LOVE LOVE LOVE my little jumper and this sweet laugh!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love those moments that make you so happy that you are brought to tears? I love this post because it is SO true. Cooking relaxes and soothes me, like you, it always has. Not being able to cook is hard, and I have lost my touch on even some of my memorized recipes just due to being in a hurry all the time. So worth it, but five months later, I am wondering when that groove will come back?? We have found that Preslie LOVES her high chair, so in the past two weeks, I have been able to get a lot done in the kitchen with her watching me...maybe it will be the same for Breck?

    ReplyDelete